Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pax Exitus


That's my version of the Latin *Peace Out*. Today I experienced this literally. My husband is on his way back from bringing Pax, my golden retriever, best friend for thirteen years, my loyal companion who lay at my feet all those times I was unfit for human companionship, to go to the place where all good dogs go. I am unconsolable. I cannot believe this dog, less than a week a go, walked two miles with me. He outlived all his littermates, and for a golden, lived a nice long life. But I miss him terribly. My husband is back now, $262 and one dog less. He said he perked up when they got there, jumped out of the truck and wagged his tail and wanted to play.

3 comments:

contessa20 said...

(((SANDY)))
I'm so sorry.

D. Lollard said...

Aww, that's so sad. My heart goes out to you.

dovetail said...

That which gives us profound suffering gave us profound joy. I know of the love of a dog, the love for a dog, an unconditional love indescribable to non-animal persons.


I am blessed to have had both my dogs, and blessed to have met yours. Until we see them again, I like to think that they are playing in a heavenly field.


With sympathy and in hope . . . j